Saturday, December 5, 2009

If i did ballet on my own, as in with no teacher, would i still be considered a ballerina???

if i know what everything is called.



If i did ballet on my own, as in with no teacher, would i still be considered a ballerina???ballet



Like most things Skye, being something is just a state of mind. Remember that you are already a writer, so why not a ballerina.



I taught myself martial arts. Even though I don't have belts I can still kick someones head in. I haven't, but I know that I could.



Seriously.



If i did ballet on my own, as in with no teacher, would i still be considered a ballerina???globe theater opera theater



sure you would...a lot of people teach themselves to play an instrument and they're still musicians right?
of course!
Unlike an instrument, it's impossible to learn ballet on your own. Therefore, you wouldn't be doing real ballet, so you couldn't be called a ballet dancer (or a "ballerina," a term which is rarely used).



Ballet is literally a movement language. (The collection of moves is called a "vocabulary.") The only way you can learn this language is from another native speaker who can give you corrections every time your intonation, inflection and accent (so to speak) is not precise. If your movement is not precise, you're just speaking another language. It's a form of dance, but it's not ballet.



Edit to add: I'm not "angry" in the slightest. I'm being truthful. If you want fantasy, go to "Games %26amp; Recreation."
yes you would....
Absolutely!



Skye, you are a ballerina, it's official. Believe it and it is so, be it and it is so. Say's me and Popeye.



I think you may want to change your name to "Skye the ballerina".



Janine, is being a bit angry and not so open minded, if ballet is movement language, who is another to interpret your language?.......don't digest angry information. It will only hurt you. You believe and you are. I believe and you are.



BBS.............Beautiful Ballerina Skye.
well its really hard to teach yourself ballet. probably pretty much impossible. it is so intricate and there's so many things that there's such a slight difference between right and wrong, its hard to just tell for yourself. you woul dhave to have someone telling you exactly what to do and what your doing wrong...
No, you wouldn't be.
no one had to announce to the world, for me, that i am a Witch....



you are what you are, to you.



practice and stay with it, what else do you need? though i do find it to be nice to have guidance from time to time...
yes I myself am a highland dancer self taught
only your toe's know
I have done 8 years of ballet classes, but I'm still not considered a ballerina. To earn the title ballerina, you have to be the top professional dancer in a company. If you teach yourself ballet, then are you a top professional? No. Can you really call yourself a ballerina? NO.



The chances of you doing ANYTHING right in ballet by teaching yourself are very low. Even after years of instructed ballet, there is ALWAYS something to work on, meaning that ballet is a constant battle for perfection that can never be won. That's not exactly easy to do on your own, now is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter